Pre-stack & Post-stack Seismic Inversion using Strata
- Covers post-stack inversion, with a largely non-mathematical overview of post-stack inversion methods within Strata.
- Understand of all stages of the inversion workflow
- Review all factors that influence the inversion result, from the selection of the most suitable algorithm through to combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software.
- Combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software. Exercises comprise approximately 50 percent of the course content.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: Convolutional models, wavelets, reflectivity and noise
- Theory: Recursive, sparse-spike, model-based and colored inversion. Pre-stack methods of elastic impedance and Lambda-Mu-Rho
- Analysis: Seismic and wavelet processing, amplitude recover, noise attenuation and imaging
- Practical: Examples of band-limited, spare-spike and model-based inversion
- Includes pre-stack simultaneous inversion
Duration: 1 day
Software used: Strata
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of geophysics and ability to define what seismic data is, what is a wavelet, what convolution means etc.
Number of Participants: