Now Available – HampsonRussell 11.0 | June 2021
New features in HampsonRussell version 11.0:
GeoSI geostatistical inversion has new density modeling that provides another level of flexibility and detail
Interactive AVO Fluid Factor cross-plotting adds sophistication and faster interpretation of reservoir properties
Analysis of pre-stack gathers along deviated wells improves pre-stack data understanding and AVO modeling studies
Strata allows you to merge complex models for easier modelling of complex geological scenarios
Automated multi-well correlation affords fast well-ties and quality control analysis for hundreds of wells, saving time in projects with large well data sets
Improved depth-time domain conversion, velocity modeling and depth synthetic modeling enable integration of seismic assets with geological and petrophysical depth domains
HampsonRussell 10.6 | October 2020
The new features and functionality of HampsonRussell 10.6 include an interactive radon analyzer, an AVO interpretation crossplot template, improved convenience in retrieving inversion models, greater parameter flexibility and a new inversion algorithm.
Accomplish your exploration and development objectives at every stage of your reservoir characterization and interpretation workflows with HampsonRussell 10.6. For questions about what’s new in HampsonRussell, or request a demo: contact us
HampsonRussell 10.5 | March 2020
HampsonRussell 10.5 extends and enhances the user experience, offering the speed of Multi-Node Processing on Windows and the flexibility of a Python ecosystem. New features in HampsonRussell version 10.5:
- Multi-Node Processing, now available on Windows in addition to Linux, provides powerful speed improvements to your processing projects. Initial tests of Multi-Node Processing, when running gather conditioning and pre-stack inversion processes on Windows, indicate speed improvements of approximately three and a half times when using four Multi-Node Processing nodes rather than a single node. This requires an add-on license for any number of nodes.
- New Python ecosystem for HampsonRussell provides the flexibility to design and code any process while taking advantage of the HampsonRussell project structure and data access. The ecosystem accesses log, horizon and seismic data and is included at no cost for customers on active maintenance.
- Successfully tested and now cloud-ready in AWS as well as Azure.
HampsonRussell 10.4.2 | May 2019
New features in HampsonRussell version 10.4.2:
- Faster Pre-Stack Inversion: This release introduces an updated FFT code that is two to three times faster than in previous versions
- Relative (i.e., no model) and absolute inversions in a single run
- Multi-node processing update
- Step-down slicing: Multiple slices can be displayed individually or can be shown in slide-show format
- Fast import and use of shape files
- Streamlining of project startup when there are many wells
- Plus more miscellaneous improvements detailed in the release documentation
HampsonRussell 10.4.1 | January 2019
Features in HampsonRussell version 10.4.1 deliver continual improvements in reservoir characterization and seismic interpretation technologies aimed at making sophisticated geophysical analysis and workflows accessible to every geoscientist.
Power of Machine Learning in Emerge for Better Reservoir Characterization
Machine learning has been a component in Emerge for decades. A key enhancement is Emerge Deep Learning, allowing for more accurate reservoir characterization.
Advanced Seismic Conditioning
This is a new module to improve seismic data quality and achieve more confidence in inversion and AVO.
AVO Quick Modeling
AVO Quick Modeling has an expanded range of tools to generate 1D/2D/3D synthetic models and analyze potential seismic response. Its RockSI component provides linkage to rock physics.
Multi Node Processing (MNP)
Multi Node Processing distributed across several Linux machines can radically reduce the run-time of pre- and post-stack inversion, AVO and gather conditioning processes. It can be used in the cloud, which enables scalability of hardware resources.
Advanced Python Scripting
Advanced Python Scripting for seismic processes enables adding Python plug-ins, giving you the freedom to incorporate your advanced R&D algorithms directly into HampsonRussell.
See a recorded webinar on Deep Neural Networks in HampsonRussell Emerge: watch video.
HampsonRussell 10.3 | January 2018
Features in HampsonRussell version 10.3:
Faster Data Loading and Processing Speed
- Dramatically reduced loading time for pre-stack seismic data and regular gridded data
- Faster implementation of multithreading for input volumes over 4GB
- Maintenance upgrade to existing licensees of ISMap
- New seismic display templates increase the speed of image creation and capture
AVO Quick 1D/2D Modeling
- Added functionality for 1D/2D AVO model building
- Direct connection to RockSI to utilize rock physics models
Horizontal Well Correlation
- Drag-and-drop horizontal well correlation
- Import and export well sets
- Find successful results prior to running inversions with the advanced spectral decomposition attributes that analyze the seismic frequency content
See the new horizontal well correlation feature in action: watch video.
HampsonRussell 10.2 | November 2016
Features in HampsonRussell 10.2 help to extract and predict attributes along horizontal wells and provide better workflows for greater productivity with new data conditioning, inversion and map prediction features. The 10.2 release contains various improvements to Gather Conditioning, Strata, Pro4D, GeoSI, RockSI and other modules. These enhanced capabilities reflect a commitment to continually improve reservoir characterization technologies for all geoscientists.
MapPredict: Formerly ISMap
- New map-based geostatistical tool for integrating well and seismic attribute data into detailed maps
- Fully integrated, easy-to-use
- Maintenance upgrade to existing licensees of ISMap
- Significant improvements that will increase ease and usefulness
New analysis capabilities in AVO, Strata and Emerge
AVO and ProAZ data conditioning enhancements for better processes
- Improved data conditioning with isotropic or azimuthal NMO
- Fxy Deconvolution and Spectral Balancing processes
HampsonRussell 10.2 offers faster seismic data loading, improved accuracy for offset to angle computation, easier comparison of inversion results, and more.
HampsonRussell 10.1 | March 2016
New features for seismic interpretation and reservoir characterization, including better workflows for added value. Exciting new capabilities include:
- Interactive AVO Quick modeling
- Easier quality control for automated testing of inversion parameters to achieve faster inversion results
- Additional crossplotting functions for zone cluster analysis and display of rock physics templates, together with interactive display of zones throughout seismic volumes
- Import from Petrel 2015 of well, horizon and seismic data
To learn more about the new features in HRS 10.1, watch our recorded webinar.